Dr. Kathy Drager is the invited speaker to present on AAC to Improve Social Interaction & Language Development for Beginning Communicators at the Symposium on Activity-Based Approaches to Communication on April 20, 2012.
This is a one-day symposium focusing on play-based communication and social interaction designed to be of interest to clinicians, teachers, researchers and caregivers.
Topics discussed include:
- Aided AAC applications and an interactive intervention strategy for children with autism spectrum disorders and other disabilities, as well as older individuals with developmental disabilities.
- The design of AAC systems with recommendations to improve design of systems to better meet the needs of beginning communicators with autism and other disabilities.
- An intervention utilizing these design features within interactive play and meaningful activities.
- Research results with young children and older individuals .
- Videotaped examples to illustrate the application of the AAC intervention with children and adults.